Oh Monday. We have a love/hate relationship, you and I. I love you because I feel so restored from the weekend and energized by the excitement of all the possibilities in store for a new week. And yet, I hate you because it means just that much longer until the weekend. Glorious, uninhibited weekend. When I'm not by myself at home with two smelly dogs (that I love dearly, of course) and a house full of things that, in some way or another, need to be cleaned.
Let's not lie. During the school year, it's a full-on hate/hate relationship, there's no denying that. Perhaps I should just revel in this time of semi-enjoying Mondays during the summer--a summer, I might add, that seems to be passing all too quickly.
Monday, I will enjoy you today because I know it will be a busy week with much to look forward to, and because I know wishing away the week will make the already short summer go by even faster.
No comments:
Post a Comment