Lately, I've been frequently questioning things in life. You know, the tough things that you really don't want to think about but find your mind gravitating towards anyways. Questions like, "If something happened to my family or friends, would I be ok? Could I say blessed be the name of the Lord? If something happened to me, could I truly count on His promises and know that even when He doesn't give me an answer (as if I deserved one!), His plan is PERFECT?"
I think it takes actually being in the situation to answer a definitive yes or no. It literally brings me to tears to think of those who have gone through something horrendous & weathered life's storms with a grace and poise that can only be divinely given. Friends who have gone through pregnancy issues. Family members who have lost dear, dear friends. People I've come across who've lost everything, and still, somehow, manage to say "the Lord is to be praised." Because He is good, no matter the situation, and no matter how upset/angry/broken we become, it doesn't change His perfect plan. If you want just one amazing story of inspiration (there are SO many I've come across lately), check out this blog from Edie Wadsworth. A terrific writer and decorator (formerly a physician), she lost her entire home in a massive fire last year. Her response to it is real (not syrupy, as if everything is ok and perfect), but she trusts God through it all. I am still tearing up to think how God provided so tremendously for them in the wake of such a devastatingly life changing event. How God provides for us so consistently, even though we may not have an explanation (or may never have one) for why things happen in life. Actually, Jesus gives us a resounding explanation in John 16:33. It may not be what we want to hear in those dark moments, but the second part of the verse gives me chills to know we have nothing to fear, and in Him, this world and all its mess have been overcome. Be encouraged! Enjoy every moment God gives you today. And have a blessed weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment